Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Murmuration


The video was shot early this morning as Juno and I set off down the track for her romp round the woods at Martins Farm. It was still getting light but the rooks and jackdaws were moving off from their roost and making the usual noise, although you can hear a robin singing nearby if you watch the clip.

Once back home I was quickly out for a run which took me a shade over 5km relatively slowly after yesterday's quicker run but I was off road which seems to depress pace anyway. It was noce being able to listen to The Unbelievable Truth as I ran, having already gone through a History of England podcast which is reaching the end of the reign of James 1.

The rest of the morning ha been about the cooking - chilli, humus and boston beans - using kidney beans and chickeas soaked overnight. I am really looking forward to the boston beans, as this is a new one for me. I was intrigued listening to an audio book about food by a section on American foods, largely derived from the times when slavery was both legal and after the civil war when racism was actual rather than legal. It is going to need a lot more study from me to get to grips with the subject but I thought I'd try some recipes which are more distinctly American. This is the start.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...