Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Exercised

After the busy schedule of the previous day when we had managed to fit in an enormous amount of family commitments and activities, today has been far more settled, partly due to Evie leaving for her one night residential trip to Minstead with her school. It's been easier for Kate and Joe for sure and that's meant Alison and I have been able to get on with a more typical day with her down to Verwood to see Joy and take her lunch, and me with the dog for plenty of walking and a 5km run. I'd done my 10,000 steps by 9.00am.

I managed to get some butternut squash soup made, as well as salad and couscous with curried, roasted squash. That will be followed later in the day by jacket potatoes and lentil dal whilst Maria is at dance for a few hours.

Having some more time I have been out on the bike too, a 6 mile ride, electric battery assisted of course, which took me round Woodlands in the drizzle. I have started to get used to using it to better effect, turning off the boost completely when on the level and downhill stages, some help with the inclines and a big boost with the couple of steeper hills. It means I get a very even workout and am pushing quite hard keeping the average speed near 15mph with the assistance off.

There were plenty of magpies around and I saw a buzzard swoop down to the road and into a hedge as I went down Kings Lane. It was too damp and grey to spend time watching the fields for birds and deer and so on but I will definitely be more inclined to get out and about with this new bike. No excuses!! 

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...