Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday walk


It was another frosty morning here in Woodlands when Alison and I set out on our walk which ended up taking us a shade under 4 miles. We took the path towards Mannington before heading back towards Slough Lane through some fantastic woodland which was covered in moss, almost like a rainforest similar to those on Dartmoor. Juno loved the opportunity to bounce into the fields and undergrowth, although she did get a shock brushing against one of the electric fences! Cue yelps and a quick return to us, tail between legs.

I have subsequently been varnishing more upstairs doors, a job that is complete now, and it has made a huge difference to their look. Much improved.

My trumpet playing today was terrible for some reason but I am pretty pleased with how things have been going. Today I just couldn't get my lips working to sutain the notes properly. Sounded dire.

I have also been out counting birds in the garden for the RSP Big Garden Birdwatch and have recorded the following:

Blue tit 6
Goldfinch 9
Chaffinch 5
House sparrow 22
Nuthatch 1
Woodpigeon 3
Long tailed tit 2
Dunnock 1
Blackbird 1
Coal tit 1
Collared dove 2
Great tit
Robin 1
Starling 1

Dis

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...