Friday, December 10, 2021

Christmas is coming





I thought I'd start with Bob, our elf on the shelf, as we have been swapping photos with Joe and Kate and their elf, Brian. Today he had kidnapped Juno's santa toy and was riding off with it on the clock bike. 
Incidentally, Juno has been so gentle with that particular toy. She seems to really enjoy playing with it and hasn't destroyed the squeaker or anything.
Yesterday I popped to the allotment and picked the last of the carrots and beetroot, all of which were pickled before the morning had ended. I also picked up a leek and a turnip. There's still plenty of greens there, turnips and leeks, as well as the autumn planted veg. 
Today has been a busy day again with an early dog walk and a 5km run after the school drop off. Joseph stayed with us over night. It's just my second day in a row of running after a week or so off. Over the past month, I've only been out for a run or ride half the time. That's because I have been feeling under the weather for quite a bit, the cough getting on my nerves, and I felt I needed to rest more completely. It seems to have done the trick.
Once back I got on with bottling up the sloe gin for gifts. It's my first attempt and I was looking forward to tasting it. It was good and even Alison enjoyed a wee drop. The spent sloes got used up with melted chocolate after the stones had been removed. That tastes good too, as does the vegan pecan brittle and the chocolate covered figs which also have an almond a fruit slice inside. Alison has filled the cork jars with lavender and we've gone through our various homemade jams, chutney and beetroot. Not a bad haul at all.
There's another litre of sloe gin in the cupboard and a litre of blackberry vodka. Quite excited to enjoy those over Christmas. 
There's a longcase clock arriving next week which is to help remember mum after has passing in June. I wanted something substantial to remember her by and something we can pass on to our children too. I believe it is a 19th century clock, so quite an antique.
Juno and I went off on a litter pick afterwards and I also cleaned the motorhome, including the roof which is easily neglected being so far off the ground!
The final photos are from the recent show which Maria featured in heavily. She has been moved up classes now and is even happier with her dance than before! 
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...