Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Sunshine autumn continues







The top photo shows Juno on a walk round the goat farm and what a beautiful morning it was. We are being spoilt at the moment and although it is cold first thing in the morning, the warmth of the sun really hits home when out of the shade. Alison and I went out for a ride and took ourselves off the Horton and then home through the tracks to Kings Lane and down to the crossroads. Again, the skies made everything look so lovely as we looked across the fields, rooks and jackdaws feeding on the newly ploughed earth. There was a plump looking buzzard on a telegraph pole and dozens of small birds looking for seeds amongst the stubble including skylarks and chaffinches. 

We managed 6 miles which is the first time we've ridden together for leisure rather than down to Joy's or Verwood to do jobs.

In the afternoon I picked up maria from school but went early to give me time on the allotment where I strimmed the grass, picked the past of the raspberries, picked greens and pulled a swede. I finished digging the bed used for runner beans and composted the spent runner beans. It is looking nice and ridy everywhere and I am ready for the planting of aumumn sown crops later this week.

Once home I strimmed the front garden and fixed the back gate, screwing the gatepost into place, as it has been wobbling of late and might be insecure from a dog point of view. We can't have Juno escaping!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...