Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Furzey Gardens and siesta






You'll see from the first pictures that Juno had a lovely walk in the October sunshine this morning and she is enjoying getting out and about more and more. It was an early start so I could make some lentil soup to take with us on our trip up the A31 to Furzey Gardens where RHS members get free entry on a Wednesday. Alison and I loved the variety of trees and their fruits, trying to identify them along the wat, as well as loving the hydrangeas which were still in flower, a mixture of pinks and soothing blues, absolutely beautiful. There were still a few bees around too and they do have quite a number of flowers to feed on including 'hot lips' salvia which is well named. 

Once home we put down the first of the lecol 5500 adhesive which is going to be stick the parquet flooring back down. We have quite a job to do but it would cost £3000 for the floor to be lifted and replaced as we want and this way is far cheaper and we get to keep the floor we actually want. It will be a painstaking job but it is going to be enjoyable as there is no time pressure. We just did three tiles to see how it works, so fingers crossed it is nicely set tomorrow.

After a spot of lunch I had a siesta. I have been full of energy right up until about 4 or 5 in the afternoon but then start to flag and I wondered whether this would help. Firstly, I did get to sleep quickly, the curtains closed and radio 3 on quietly in the background with a 30 minute timer on. For a first go, it went well and I'll see how it goes from day to day The real positive, at least for today, has been I remain energetic this evening. Is this linked to the sleep or just coincidence? It is far too soon to judge on day one of course but it's a good sign at least.

I got up and washed the car after giving it a thorough clean inside. maria is awful for dropping food all over the place and it had become quite grubby and was bugging me. It is nice to have it in good order again. I was soon on to tea using greens, potatoes and carrots from the allotment, along with swede which I mashed, our first taste of home grown swede and very nice it was too with salt and pepper and bit of butter. 

Juno and I have been out again this evening and she's having a well earned sleep herself now. I forgot to mention I had a bike ride to Verwood and back before tea to get some frozen vegan suasage rolls for Maria. It was a quick ride due to time constraints with tea needed before Maria went off to her singing lesson and shows I can put a shift in still on the bike. 


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...