Thursday, October 14, 2021

Ride to Ringwood




The first photos are of my walk with Juno this morning taking the path from Whitmore and ahead of an early start to my ride to Ringwood to buy some sosmix for vegan suasage rolls at the weekend when Maria has her party. It was a chilly start but the weather was set fair again and you can see the blue skies above the church in Ringwood. It's a 16 mile ride there and back and it gave me a chance to listen to a podcast about James 1st and more the audiobook, The Great Circle.

Once back in Verwood I stopped and cut the lawns for Joy and gave the edges a good strim too which did leave the gardens looking in very good order, particularly for mid October. It was time for some lunch and I had some soup before taking another siesta which turned out rather like yesterday in getting to sleep and feeling refreshed after a doze, ready for a trip to the allotment prior to colelcting Maria from school.

I focused on planting this afternoon, getting lots of garlic in and half of the onion sets. That's a bed completely full which leaves me with the task of preparing another for the remaining onions and another for the broad beans.

After another dog walk I am on something like 22,000 steps already and feel tired. 

Other good news- the adhesive worked on the parquet tiles and we can now make a start on the floor as a whole. Really looking forward to it.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...