Monday, October 18, 2021

Birthday weekend













It has been a few days since my last post because of our busy weekend with Maria's birthday celebrations. You can see the food I prepared for Saturday in the first photo, all of it vegan and very tasty, though I say it myself. There were two lots of people to feed and so I had to do masses but a nice lasagne and a full pasta dish in addition using courgettes, plus garlic bread, roast vegetables, aubergine tapas and some bolied veg for the children saw us through nicely.

We have had a lot of visitors too and had a great time with them, as you will see from the birthday party photos where we'd hired the village hall and had more than 40 people along to celebrate Maria's 14th. It was quite something seeing so many from dance completing their routines in the hall and good to see the various groups mixing well.

Sunday was as busy, with plenty of guests having stayed overnight and Maria having to be at dance for 9am where she had 5 hours of rehearsal to get through. I drove Evie and Amelia home later in the day before taking Juno to her second puppy training class, so bust all round with a lot of clearing up to do at home too. However, we got to sit and watch Maria open her cards and presents which seemed to go on and on with her having had so many guests at the party.

This morning has been quiet in comparison and I got out on a bike ride of 11 miles in the drizzle and rain to pop some cheques into the bank, get a few things from Morrisons, drop some butternut squash soup into Joy's and then cycle home through Three Cross and Mannigton. I'd already been into the woods with Juno who has learnt she can leap across the small river running through the trees.

It all meant I got to listen to plenty of podcasts including Desert Island Discs and Mayo and Kermode's Film Review.  

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...