Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Harvest festival









After the morning dog walk I was out for a run which took me 5km with the route into Remedy Oak golf course and back. The sun was out and it was just great to be out and about. That meant I got an early start to my trip to the allotment where I dug up over 10kg of potatoes which is in addition to the rows dug over the past two months. They have really kept us going for weeks and weeks already with plenty to come.

I also picked the last of the courgettes, the first leek and a good number of carrots. They are doing so well and it is encouraging ahead of next year. The final crop of the day was a further picking of beetroot which I've already had good produce from with jars and jars of pickled beetroot already stored for the winter months. I'm about to check Youtube for advice on storage of the items. 

On the way back I took Juno to Knowlton Church for a good run around, as she had been waiting in the car whilst I was at the allotment. It was blowy and starting to cloud over with the first of the rain coming. 

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...