Friday, October 01, 2021

Autumn walking




It was raining hard at 6.30 this morning when I had to get the dog walked  but the sun had come out by the time I did the next short walk an hour later, as Maria left for school. However, I still dressed for the worst when I took the car down to Verwood for its service. It turned out I needn't have done so but nevertheless I had a lovely walk back from Ebblake Motors to Woodlands and took a few photos of the route from Horton Lane. The recent rain has livened things up a little and I listened to In Our Time and Sticky Bits which had a focus on several classical pieces. Both were informative and have prompted me to listen to some new pieces and to download The Tenant of Wildfell Hall for reading later.

Juno and I had a walk in the woods after a bit of lunch and then I went up the hill and back to pick up the litter on either side of the road. 

I've made a good start to tea after yesterday's very successful, though I say it myself, tea of pasta, pizza and tapas. Joseph rated it as 10 out of 10! Today we are having lasagne and veg.

Glen is off to play a gig tonight which means we are babysitting Rag, his 5 month old dog. I'm going to be watching a lot of TV with Maria tonight, the end of Strictly, Lord of the Flies and The Hunger Games which Maria has been hearing about in school.

 

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...