Thursday, September 30, 2021

Autumn



Now we have arrived at the very end of September, this week has seen a marked change in the weather, especially after weeks without rain and some very warm days on the beach for example. Today was grey and damp, although not particularly wet. Alison dropped me down at Morrisons where I got some bits and pieces for tea and walked back, just over 3 miles but with several interruptions to chat with people I know and to enjoy the views of the lanes and fields.

Glen, Joseph and I had already been for a walk with the dogs earlier and they seem to enjoy rolling around with each other. Juno got an extra walk, as I'd seen the queues at the petrol pumps had gone and so I took the motorhome down to Morrisons to get some diesel. However, I had failed to notice that although there was petrol, no diesel was available. I took Juno with me for the ride and for a walk at Potterne, so she's had a good couple of walks already today.

My left eye is still swollen, some kind of irritant appears to have made it a little itchy and painful. I am also feeling tired as a result of the early starts with the dog I think but I am pleased that I have managed 100 miles of exercise this month despite having had Covid earlier and needing some recovery time. I've done 53 miles on the bike and the rest running. Not too bad at all. We'll see what impact the changing weather has on my exercising!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...