Wednesday, September 22, 2021

What a day!



I was straight off to Bournemouth from the school run and was parked at Durley Chine before 9 which meant I got to listen to Lauren Laverne on Radio 6 as I ran 3.25 miles along the beach front. As you will see from the photos, the weather has been amazing for the past weeks and it promises to remain so for a little longer yet. Having got myself nice and warm I got myself cool again with a lovely swim in the sea which was almost flat calm. 

One of things I wanted to do in the past was improve my technique and stamina for swimming and it has begun to pay off as I swam between groynes using a mixture of front crawl and breaststroke. I am breathing every two strokes with the crawl and have learnt to exhale under water so I can take a breath as I turn my head to the right and out of the water. 

Once home and having had a quick salad, I took Juno out for a short walk and then we went litter picking up the hill and towards the junction. It was nice to see less litter but I did go up there fairly recently I suppose. 

Next I parked the dog for the next activity, blackberry picking which she wouldn't have done well with, all that pausing and having to try and prevent the pots from spilling if she yanked my arm. I got over a kilo walking about 100 yards from the house and back. Having already done plenty of jars of blackberry and raspberry jam, I think this lot will be for blackberry syrup to be used for pies and the like over the coming months. I want to put some in the freezer cubes and see if I can then just use some of them at a time, so they can be preserved longer.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...