Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Best carrot ever!




Alison and I went to the allotment in the motorhome so that we could collect Maria from school and take her to dance for 4.30. The motorhome means we can give her somewhere more spacious to change and we can cook some tea for her too without having to go home, the end of school and start of dance being too close together to allow Maria that option.

We parked up and Alison popped into the shops whilst I strimmed the grass and then dug up the last of the potatoes, at least I'd thought they were but I discovered another whole row of them later which means we are going to have plenty for weeks to come. The bag of spuds in the photo are the ones I dug up yesterday and we have already been eating other roots for several weeks.

I also pulled one of the carrots and I was amazed how big and straight it was, almost supermarket quality. It's the first carrot we've had this year and there are plenty to come. Alison returned and picked a bowlful of raspberries and lots of greens for the next few days. We have done well with both again. We are still getting courgettes too and there are more beetroots to be harvested. I took another three home for roasting and using in salads having already pickled several jars for the winter.

Juno is doing well in most respects but she is pulling on her lead when getting closer back to home. I am using cheese as a reward to try and change this. The other thing is that she wees herself slightly when she sees someone and gets over-excited. We've all been there! Perahps not.

I took her out just after 6 this morning and the moon looked lovely just over the trees. Off to the beach next for a run and then a swim. Hoping for the sunshine which is forecast.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...