Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday with feeling

Joseph is currently eating his pasta and watching Mr Bean whilst Alison has taken Maria to dance for a couple of hours. I am feeling tired out again and am going to give parkrun a miss this weekend, not wanting to overdo things.

Juno and I were out at first light and again at 7.30 when Joseph came with me to the top of the hill where we were picking sloes, the first time I have picked these. Later in the day I got on the bike to buy a cheap 1 litre bottle of gin which the sloes will flavour before Christmas, as well as a litre bottle of vodka which is going to be flavoured with blackberries over the next few months. The taste of summer really will last into 2022!

As I cycled into Morrisons, I saw the queue to get in stretching back some way, the panic buying is on for fuel, immediately after reassurances that supplies are in no danger. People really are strange. Still, I think this one could be of more inconvenience than the toilet roll shortage from early on in the pandemic.

I think Joseph and I might be off out with the dog again shortly and we have apakced weekend ahead, Maria especially, with dance all day Sunday after another couple of hours tomorrow.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...