Saturday, September 25, 2021

Berries and alcohol

I took Juno out early and was then out on the road again for a 4 mile run which I got quicker on the further I went. It felt good which was encouraging after the past few days of feeling tired. We then had the girls over with Kate and what a lovely time we had including dog walking and blackberry picking.

We were looking for sloes and blackberries today to go with the gin and vodka respectively. I have 2 new 2 litre jars for the berries, sugar and alcohol. Evie and Amelia helped with the picking and then the pricking of the fruit and mixing the various ingredients in. I have to say, the mixtures are going to be fantastic tasting and we might well end up doing more in the run up to Christmas.

Maria is off at dance practice again with Chance to Dance tomorrow when she is at the pavilion from 8.00 in the morning until late evening, a very long day but one she is so looking forward to .


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...