Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A day in the life of Juno


An early start, even earlier than usual, with Juno barking at 5.15 because she needed to go out which meant I had the pleasure of a few minutes walk in the dark but I did get to go back to bed. Juno was then out with Joseph and I again before 7.30 to see Maria off on the bus taking us up the hill for a little run.

I tried her in the puppy pen in the conservatory but fogot I shouldn't really put the water bowl in as it got spilt over the floor, quite a lot of it, mainly because Juno was barking at a toy which rolls around and empties out treats, if loaded. She liked the treats but was suspicious of the rolling about.

Juno was nicely settled for lunchtime and then we walked the goat farm which was lovely, dodging the showers.

It was interesting seeing a buzzard take off only for it to be almost instantly mobbed by at least 10 other birds, a combination of jackdaws and rooks. It must be struggle to fly with that level of distraction.

In between times I have done another bottle of sloe gin which can rest until Christmas. There was time to go for a decent run at a modest pace, 3.5 miles at under 10 minute miles listening to The Circle. I've got about 19 hours to go! Then the new Sally Rooney novel and Bob Mortimer's autobiography.

I am thoroughly enjoying reading A Gentleman in Moscow on Kindle. I'm not sure where I heard about it prior to ordering but it must have been on a list of must reads in The Guadian I imagine. 
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...