Monday, September 27, 2021

Mountain bike ride


I was out on the bike earlier and in contrast to the heavy rain and strong winds of this morning, the skies were blue and ideal for a ride round Woodlands. I headed out towards Slough Lane off road and then onto the hill up to Mannington where I took a left turn past the gravel pits and down Devil's Hill before taking in Remedy Oak golf course and the Horton Road. It was just a pleasure to be able to ride around in the warm and surrounded by so many great views, over to Horton, through the woods, past the open fields and hedges. The jays are busy at the moment, collecting early acorns I imagine, and there were lots of rooks and jackdaws around too.

I took Juno out for a good walk in Boys Wood and listened to Desert Island Discs with Tracy Ullman before switching to The Circle which has been nominated for the Booker Prize.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...