Monday, July 19, 2021

Sunny Sunday




It was another very warm day yesterday and I got out for a 5km run early as it was always going to be a bit too warm for one later. We had a trip to Bournemouth but to Joe's for a barbecue rather than the beach this time. The children alternated between the paddling pool and the trampoline having a very wet but enjoyable afternoon. Amelia certainly enjoyed squirting the hose at the others.

This morning Alison and I cycled to Verwood where I fixed the bench with the new piece of wood and stained it so that it blended more fully with the other slats. I also mowed the front and back lawms, something I did here once we'd got back home. I also took down some shelves as we prepare for Joy coming to live with us, as well as filling the pond with some additional water, fixing the gate post back to the wall, trimming the hedge alongside the motorhome, walking the goat farm and washing the car. 

A busy day in the heat but I am determined not to complain about the weather or to let it stop me getting on. There's been too much weather of the wrong sort to waste time moaning now.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...