Sunday, July 18, 2021

Heatwave weekend

 






We had a lovely meal at the Cinnamon Lounge on Friday evening and a late night enjoying the conservatory. It meant a slower start to Saturday than usual but I was soon on the bike down to Verwood to collect a piece of wood which will repair a bench made by Robin. One of the slats had rotted and broke some weeks ago and it has been a struggle trying to find something suitable. We got there in the end though through Frouds Fencing which happens to be in the same road as Joy's which was convenient in carrying the piece of wood there whilst riding the bike.

Of course, the sun was out and I had a very enjoyable ride across Holt Heath with the sun a real pleasure. I've done plenty of wet and windy days in cold and wishing the summer was here. There is no way you'll hear me complaining about the heat.

I strimmed the allotment and picked a few vegetables including the first potatoes and first courgette. There are so many things to come it is very exciting. I then stopped at the Horton Inn for a pint on the way back and just had a thoroughly pleasant morning.

In the evening we were at Edmondsham for Joseph's show which was put together in his after school drama club. We enjoyed that enormously and the children had a great time earlier in the paddling pool sliding on plastic sheets and creating mayhem out there. Just what was needed on a hot day.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...