Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Beach trip Durley Chine

 



Another very hot day and it looks set to continue for a few days yet. We were quickly off to Bournemouth after the school run with Alison popping into the shop to collect Maria's sports kit for QE and for a few things from Castlepoint. Then it was off to Durley Chine which is a great part of Bournemouth beach being just a short drive from the centre of town and taking you to a quieter section of the beach away from the bigger crowds. It was busier than on Friday but the sea was perfect and I had a long swim in the warm water.

I was straight out again after lunch and did a 2.3 mile walk before collecting the children. The birds have virtually disappeared now and the best sights are of the ripening fields which provide striking contrasts between green crops and fields of wheat which has turned golden.

I've just been for a 3.5 mile walk as Alison has taken Maria to dance and to get the shopping so I was doing a bit to get to 15,000 steps for the day, my daily target, before starting on a pasta tea. I am going to do a bit of writing first though. A poem about the rookery.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...