Thursday, June 10, 2021

Wednesday Alum Chine


That was a busy day. Alison and I were at the allotment very early as we didn't have to do the school run. Alison was planting out some hollyhocks and I was watering, weeding and was meant to be strimming too. However, the guy next to us has been away for a few weeks and the grass on his plot is out of control. He was there with some shears and was chopping his way through the jungle, so I gave him the strimmer which helped enormously, at least until the battery ran out.

The garlic is almost ready but we are going to wait a few more days. We did pick more radishes and broad beans.

From there we were collecting dance tickets from Ferndown and then onto Verwood. Alison was off to the supermarket whilst I cut the lawn for her mum, weeded the vegetable plot and filled the bird feeders. 

I ran home via the golf course but decided not to go to the beach just yet due to having to collect Maria from school and so got on my mountain bike for a ride round Woodlands. It was a little more leisurely than recent days but I did 7 miles.

I did go to the beach after school and had a lovely swim. It was quieter than I'd expected but the cloud started coming over and it was quite breezy. The wet suit makes it so easy to get in and to enjoy the water at this time of year.

By the time I was home, I was pretty tired but it feels like I am back to my usual self after recovery from the long walk a month ago. I feel like it's finally out of my system. Recovery certainly takes longer than you might think, even more so as you age I guess.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...