Monday, June 07, 2021

Inset Day with Joseph




Joseph spent the day with us and we had a lovely lunch in the garden celebrating the Italian side of the family with a salad and couscous, olives, capers and vegan pesto. Whilst we sat and ate there was so much going on in the garden with bees and birds and a small frog and newts. 

I was cutting the hedges and Joseph was trying to recreate the insides of a cow's digestive system which was very ambitious. We had a lovely chat and then went down to call for his friend, Charlie, who came over to play for a bit.

The flying squirrel was running thorugh the trees where I'd seen a buzzard and it was the bird I was hoping to ctahc. However, the jumping squirrel looks pretty cool too.

Finished listening to 'On the Road' by Jack Kerouac which I enjoyed, having read the book several times. I'm now onto 'Mrs Dalloway' and am enjoying 'The Enchanting April' by Elizabeth Von Arnim.

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...