Friday, June 25, 2021

Home again



It's been a couple of weeks since last posting which reflects having been in the Hebrides and having to deal with personal, family issues. After a very sad period and the exhaustion of travelling, yesterday was a day when I felt more normal, less tired and able to get on with the routine things in life.

The school run provided a little excitement in the morning as the car parked behind us on the hill in Cranborne rolled forward to end up hitting us, as Joseph and I sat waiting for the start of school. The other car had not had the handbrake on properly and had slowly eased into us, so slowly that no damage was caused.

I took myself off the allotment and did some harvesting. The garlic looks good and smells like garlic should! Now to dry it and get it ready for storage with plenty to keep us going till the winter. I also picked some greens, radishes and the last of the autumn sown broad beans which have done really well. I strimmed the plot too and now it just needs some weeding and a few more successional sowings.

From there I drove to Joy's and cut the lawns, front and back. 

It has been some time since I went running. I was worried about over doing things before the charity walk in early May and it has therefore been almost two months without regular running. The two weeks in Scotland impacted on that too and I have been doing far more walking and cycling. However, I got back on it today with a 5km run after lunch before a 2 mile walk as I waited in Cranborne to collect the children.

There has been a lot to do in terms of my role as executor and that took up the remainder of the day. At least the time is flying by again! 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...