Saturday, May 01, 2021

April 2021

April has largely been chilly and dry with lots of sunshine but accompanied by a breeze which had brought the temperatures right down. That has meant I've spent less time on the bike this month, although that has increasingly been due to the need for me to train in walking ready for next week's 24 hour challenge.

Bike - 92 miles

Running - 143 miles

Total - 235 miles

That's the target to beat in May which has an extra day too!

I walked round the goat farm this morning and have completed a gentle 5km run too, just keeping things ticking over ahead of the 52.5 miles on May 8th. The rest of the time has been productively spent washing the car and the motorhome which requires a ladder so I can do the upper parts and roof. It's looking good and ready for the forthcoming trips.

The conservatory and utility room also got a good clean and things are looking pretty presentable out there with lots of plants growing in the windowsills benefitting from the light and warmth in there. Alison has been growing pots and pots of different plants and has enjoyed getting some unbroken time in the garden with no children here at present, Maria being at a friend's house and Joseph with his dad.

Back to Junior Park Run tomorrow morning at Moors Valley. I will be meeting up with Joe, Kate and Evie and Amelia for my first visit in well over a year due to Covid cancellation.

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...