Friday, April 30, 2021

Avon Valley Path







As part of my preparation for the walk next weekend I was out early, straight from the school run, to Ringwood to check out the route I'll be following from Christchurch back north to Ringwood via the Avon Valley path. Having lived in the area for decades, this is the first time I have discovered the pathways which lie beyond Ringwood and what a revelation they were!

It really was a fantastic 5.5 mile walk to Bisterne and back and it has made me look forward to this section which will take me through miles 30 to 40 on May 8th. There was so much to see and hear and the terrain itself was good for walking. The only downside comes from there being a few stiles to climb and I fear I'll be struggling over them after so many miles. 

I saw reed bunting, a fantastic view of a kingfisher, heron, greylag geese, mute swans, little egret, great tits, long tailed tits which were about two feet away with one of them carrying an insect like a crane fly and heard at least two cuckoos. 

After that I was off to Joy's with Alison and planted runner beans around the wigwam of bean sticks, carrots, chard, spinach, radish and beetroot. The next thing is cooking and it is well underway with hummus prepared and jollof rice and vegan chilli all nearly ready.

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...