Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Another trip to the allotment

As was the case yesterday, Alison and I were straight off to the allotment after the school run, Alison to pop to the shops again and  me to catch up with some weeding but primarily, to strim the grass. I'd charged the battery overnight and it did most of the plot. However, I am going to have to go back and finish off later in the week.

It was lovely earthing up the potatoes and then clipping the bed edges which tend to have grass growing over them, hence the  need to get the shears out and get on to the hands and knees to clip the grass down. Plenty of seedlings coming up strongly now and with the potatoes coming on, the garlic and broad beans looking good and so on, it does look like a proper plot.

I then headed to Morrisons for the weekly shop before ordering some wood for the Ancient Technology Centre which will need to be cut down to size to allow us to have the ceremony there safely. 

My mother has also contributed towards the charity hike and the total raised for Little Hearts Matter stands at:

£1203.00 donations

£234.50 gift aid

£90.00 direct donations

Total - £1527.50

Now to make some vegetable chilli and get on with cleaning the car and motorhome interiors plus sprcing up the conservatory and utility room.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...