Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Alum Chine Beach




How misleading photos can be. The scene looks lovely from the road above the beach, West Overcliff Road, and yet the rain was falling yet again just minutes later. I was ok as I was in my wet suit by this time and had been in for a swim in the murky water. There was a plankton bloom or something going on and the sea was certainly far from its usual clear blue.

On the plus side - the sun was out and I got changed in the motorhome and enjoyed the swim with the new boots doing a great job in helping me get n with no trouble.

On the minus side - the rain began and I found I had a penalty charge for parking the motorhome in an unauthorised place. The signs do show cars and motorcycles but there is no explicit outlawing of larger vehicles and there have been no problems previously. Checking on line later it looks like it is hit and miss with several others having received a ticket. So £35.00 down the drain. 

I'll certainly be going again but in the car now I know I can get in and out the wet suit easily enough. The motorhome would be nice in terms of privacy for changing and for sitting with a coffee but they aren't necessities and in fact, you can make do on the beach itself.

Time for a coffee and then out on the mountain bike for a little jaunt. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...