Monday, May 17, 2021

Runner beans in at the allotment



It was a welcome sight to be out of the house without it raining with actual blue patches visible at times! We did the school run together before heading off to the allotment so Alison could plant some tomatoes and go into Wimborne for a bit of shopping leaving me to get the bean sticks in and the seeds planted, slightly later than usual but perhaps not a bad thing given the colder weather we've been having.

There are plenty of things to be getting on with later in the week when we return, strimming the grass, weeding, succession planting, pricking out and so on. I've als got to net some more items to provide further protection from the rabbits.

Lovely to be out again and to be getting muddy!

Once home, Alison was down at her mother's and I fed the birds before setting out on the mountain bike. It's the first exertion I have put my legs through since the 51 mile walk, walking aside, and it was fine. I could feel a little something in my left leg but nothing to worry about and managed 6 miles with some steep bits quite comfortably. That is a relief. I'm not going to be running for a bit longer though. The impact is going to be more painful than cycling and I just want to ease myself back in slowly.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...