Wednesday, April 28, 2021

More walking

 I've gone over the 15,000 steps again today, by lunchtime, after walking to Verwood and back with Alison so that we could do jobs at Joy's. In my case that was filling the bird feeders, raking the vegetable garden over ready for planting seeds later in the week having dug it over previously and doing more work in clearing the garage.

The potatoes are up now in Joy's garden and there is plenty of room for planting out runner beans, beetroot, spinach and radish which are what Joy enjoys most. She is not a big fan of carrots for example.

The garage is now laregly tidy but it has taken quite some time after years of being left alone with exception of things like the water pressure cleaner, lawn mower and scarifier. I found an old badminton set and shuttlecocks which must have been old when they were being used 40 years ago! I remember them from when the children were very young. There were also a couple of folding stools which can be used when hiking and Joy was happy to let me have them which was most welcome. They are lightweight and I can certainly see them being used, especially in being kept on the motorhome.

I'm currently cooking the tea of lasagne, chips and veg including roast carrots, brocolli and boiled carrots, one of the children's favourites.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...