Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Allotment recovery

After doing the school run, I drove straight to the allotment and then walked into town to the grocery shop to buy a few bit and pieces for tea and breakfast through the week before getting on with the plot. The first job was to water the seedlings and emerging plants as it has been so dry of late, despite the many frosty mornings. The most noticeable thing was the emergence of the first earlies which had come up over the weekend.

I was also pleased to see carrots, spinach, beetroot, radish, onion and leeks coming up and they are protected from the rabbits in a variety of ways, mesh, chicken wire, poly tunnels and so on.

It was nice to then do a little raking before planting more veg out which will complement the sowing I did at home yesterday.

I got home at about midday and was soon back out with the animals and cleaning up the utility room and patios before cutting the lawn, walking the dog, a very short walk next door and back(!) and cleaning up the motorhome.

It was fun collecting the children in the motorhome, as Alison had the car for her drive to look after Amelia for the afternoon, and the children enjoyed the space. I also took the opportunity to have a two mile walk round Cranborne, just to keep the muscles moving after the 17 miles yesterday. I've managed 15,000 steps already today, so no ill effects as yet. I am going for a gently jog shortly and will see how that goes.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...