Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Fundraising activities

I've signed up for a couple of charity events, one of which I wrote about yesterday but without the fundraising aspect.

For my birthday I am going for the 24 hour, 50 mile walk around Christchurch, Bournemouth and Poole but I am now doing it with a charitable aspect raising funds for Little Hearts Matter which is a charity supported by Joe Crook who is someone I taught back in 2008 and did the Southampton to Paris bike ride with. He has two children affected by heart problems and it is clearly something he has been deeply involved with.

The second event is an organised one for Julia's House which encampasses a 16 mile hike from Cranborne and back. That one is 12th Sept and should be fairly straightforward. The entry fee includes a guide, a meal and drink and t shirt. I have got to raise at least £200 which will be more of a challenge.

I got some training in today with a 5km run and a further 5km of walking, as well as successfully submitting the RHI application which will provide us with funding for the renewable energy for the next 7 years. It will mean that the new heating system will have more than paid for itself over that period, including the green energy grant, as well as providing us with cheaper, cleaner energy. A definite winner and the way we ought to be encouraging one another to tackle the climate crisis.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...