Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Hot run




It has certainly warmed up in the last few days and today was lovely throughout which was welcome given how much I have been out and about. 

I started with a run to the allotment taking me along Slough Lane and on the tracks across to Gaunts Common and then Furzehill. The final distance was 8.13 miles which was a nice start to the preparations for the 50 mile walk in under 3 weeks. Alison joined me at the allotment and she got on with putting in some sunflower seeds and watering the seedlings already emerging whilst I had done some more raking and tidying before planting the climbing french beans. I spent some time putting stakes in for them to climb and some mesh netting to protect the shoots from the rabbits.

After lunch I did the school run and went early to have a walk round Cranborne, just a couple of miles with the binoculars. I was pleased to get good views of at least 4 hares out in the open and it was great to feel the warmth after a long winter and cold start to April.

Maria is now at dance so I did tea for us before getting on with the wine bottle holders for outside which will be birthday gifts. There was still time to get on with the RHI application now we have the EPC and it looks like it will be quite a nice sum of money. 

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...