Monday, April 26, 2021

17 mile hike!


A long walk today to help in my preparations. 17 miles in good time and I feel ok which makes me more confident about completing at least marathon distance. I just don't know what I'll feel like after 30 miles. It will help being among crowds along the sea front but from there onwards, I wonder how I will be able to deal with the fatigue and possible boredom of simply walking. It seems music and podcasts etc are going to be invaluable. I certainly enjoyed the blast of music today during the last three miles.

From Facebook:

Just posted an update after the 17 miles today. My legs don't feel too bad at the moment but I am anxious about 30 miles and upwards. It is a total unknown to me and I can't help but worry something will 'go' and it will end up being a painful hobble for the final 20 miles during which I'll be looking for good excuses to give in and call it a day. I will have to pretend to myself that I'll just do a bit more before stopping and then just carry on. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...