Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Busy Tuesday







It has been such a lovely day but I am going to start with the final photo which was taken yesterday. It shows the hundreds of rooks and jackdaws which nest in the trees at the top of the hill and feed in the local fields as they begin their routine of settling for the night. Time and again they settle and then rise in a huge flock full of noise, turning and falling before rising again and then swooping down into the trees. It is a spectacular sight and one we are fortunate to have right overhead each evening.

The work started on the heating this morning and the firm carrying out the installation have been great, very considerate and chatty. 

I had hoped to get off to the allotment early but the rain came unexpectedly and delayed my departure. I thought I'd timed it right but it came again once I got off and I was very wet by the time I got to Wimborne. I went into the town for some veg and took the picture of the Minster looking great before seetling to work on the various beds. The garlic needed weeding and that took a little while so I listened to Desert Island Discs for that before digging over another couple of beds and checking the broad beans which are flowering.

The ride home was a good one with the sun out and I managed 18 miles in total.

The motorhome is booked in for Weds 24th fen for repair to the heating, the two damaged roof vents and I will also mention the dashboard heating too.

Maria had a good dance session and Joseph has been enjoying karate. Busy all round but good progress across the board. Happy days.


No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...