Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Busy Wednesday



Another busy day with the improving weather certaily helping.

I was out and about early for a run before breakfast, 5km, in the bright sun and then later in the day gave the bikes a good clean after a 7 mile up and down the woodland paths ride on my own and a further 6 miles to Verwood and back with Alison. I've already hit 100 miles on the bike for the month which is great.

The ride on my own gave me plenty of lovely views including these sheep and their newborn lambs with Horton Tower in the background of the 2nd photo. I listened to the Iliad as I went with many descriptions of men being run through with spears and arrows and hewn by mighty swords and the gods intervening on either side for their favourites.

The work on the heating means that we now have hot water but are still without heating. It will be worth it though. They are getting on well and will be finished all bar the new radiators by Friday.

We went to Joy's on the bikes and Alison got the apple trees pruned whilst I repaired the front gate, filled the bird feeders, cleaned out the pond and started scarifying the lawn.

Maisy was 16 today and she is still as keen on treats as ever. Despite being unable to climb the steps or go far on her walks, a little treat gets her rocketing along. Lovely to see her in the better weather. Maybe a little longer for her after all.

Maria has been singing and it is more songs from shows, this time Hairspray I think.

Another 5 star review for the book on Amazon. Feeling good!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I found myself getting really involved with the character Stephen and living his dramas and self doubts. An inspirational and true account of life in an inner city school with the pressures and conflicts as well as hopes and dreams for the future for all.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...