Friday, February 12, 2021

More cold

 


The weather has continued to be very chilly indeed and I have maintained the recent habit of wearing long trousers instead of shorts. It does feel strange but I think it's the sensible thing to do for now. However, I am in shorts when running still and I went for 4.5 miles yesterday through Remedy Oak golf course and then over to Slough Lane. Nice and crisp underfoot but you have to be careful not to turn an ankle with the ruts starting to harden. 

I was listening to 'Circe' again and thoroughly enjoying it, both in terms of the myths it is weaving together but also in the character of Circe, at least up to this point.

Amelia was over for the day and we had a walk stamping on the ice on the puddles down Whitmore Lane. Not a long walk by any means but it was fairly sedate and we were getting cold by the end. Maisy also had a walk up to the top of the hill which is quite some way for her these days.

Tea was roasted root veg, roasted peppers, aubergines and canellini beans in a tomato sauce with pasta. MMM it turned out well and there's plenty left over.

Book sales continue to mount up and after less than two weeks I have already hit the number expected of a new book in total. Three ebooks went yesterday and one paperback and there's been seven paperbacks ordered already today. Exciting!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...