Saturday, February 13, 2021

Last day of half term

  



I took the opportunity to have a good walk waiting to collect Joseph from school and what a walk it turned out to be with lots of sightings of note:

2 hares

1 buzzard

1 kestrel

2 song thrushes

several goldfinches

2 partridges

2 red kites

I was able to stop and enjoy wathing the kites and buzzard through the binoculars, very different tails and body shapes making it easier to tell them apart. I'd done a three mile run earlier and so got my 15000 steps plus in fairly easily. It was nice to listen to 'Circe' again as I walked.

I did home made pizzas for tea and home made oven chips too - plenty of carbs.

Now for packing the motorhome to get to the Hebrides to see mum. It has started which is always a bonus and I've got the tank filled to take me on the first leg up to Carlisle where I am intending to stop overnight at the J42 Premier Inn and then onto Ullapool on Monday for 5.30 crossing, weather permitting.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...