Thursday, February 11, 2021

Cold 6 miles

 

No school run today so it was straight into home school with Maria working on film trailers, probability, computers of the future and personal finance. Once that was done I spoke with the doctor at the Harris House care home regarding mum. My sisters are on their way up to visit over half term, leaving on Friday to arrive 8.00 in the evening. I am expecting to be going up on Sunday.

It was quite a difficult morning with the concerns over mum's health and I took myself off for a run to help clear my mind. I managed 6 miles in the cold and stopped to take a photo of the two donkeys who were not very enthusiastic in their appreciation of my efforts.

One of the most lovely things in the day was a message I received from an ex-student regarding my book. It really makes writing it feel worth the effort, as if I am actually a writer.

'Your book also came two days ago and I was sat for hours reading it last night and got to chapter 18, I’m definitely intrigued to find out more about Catrin and her journey I can relate to her already. I literally couldn’t put the book down. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it so far and have definitely read things that feel familiar. It’s such a good insight to the perspectives of the teachers and what goes on behind the scenes, it is so well written and you should be so proud, what an accomplishment! I’ll be passing the book onto Yazmin when I’m done as she’s also excited to read it and I’ll share my thoughts with you when I finish it!'

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...