Sunday, February 14, 2021

Run round Woodlands

 


I spent a good deal of Saturday getting the motorhome ready for the long drive north taking me to Stornoway via a stopover at Carlisle. Lots of packing for what could be a fortnight or more away, depending on how mum is doing. The space means I do have plenty of gear with me and somewhere to sleep, as well as cooking facilities.

Once I was done I went for a long run on the woodland paths to Slough Lane and then round the back fields which gave me a great view of a buzzard which was enormous when up close as this one turned out to be, along with a small flock of lapwing, something I'd not seen here before. I tried to get a photo but they were too distant. 

We watched 'News of the World' in the evening, the latest Tom Hanks movie which was on Netflix and enjoyed it. 

Today has been just about the drive to Carlisle. I left at 8.00 and got here just before 3.00 having done 356 miles which I was pleased with. The motorhome does up to 60mph, the speed limit for a vehicle of its size, so we did well which wasn't too surprising after the Covid restrictions ensured traffic was light.

Just the 300 miles tomorrow to take me to Ullapool and then across to the Isle of Lewis.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...