Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Freezing February



It was certainly a cold day yesterday with temperatures struggling around zero throughout the day and with the odd flurry of snow. That meant my morning run, just over 5 miles, was a chilly one and the sounds were oddly muffled. It is almost unheard of outside of the Hebrides but I put on some jeans after my run, such was the cold and I was glad when I had a lovely afternoon stroll round Cranborne before collecting Joseph. 

I was listening to the audiobook 'Circe' during my walk but I also made some use of the magnifying glass I got the other day, as suggested by the guest on 'Desert Island Discs' this week who said he would give one to every child under the age of 10 to encourage to look closely at their immediate environment and not focus solely on the big and obvious attractions e.g. foxes, deer and so on. Fascinating to stop and look at the lichen and the ice puddles.

Worth mentioning the curry I made last night. Sweet potato and butternut squash curry with the veg roasted first and then added to the curry suace I'd made. It went down very well with everyone.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...