Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Ride and ride again





 

Two rides today and all the better for it. The first was planned and saw me out early for a mountain bike cycle round Sutton Holms to Remedy Oak Golf Course, out to Slough Lane and onto Mannington before making my way down Devil's Hill and home. Just 10 miles but through mud and puddles and forest tracks which made for exciting but slow progress. As a result I ended up cleaning 4 bikes when I got home preferring to get them all done rather that just the one. In fairness, they needed it.

The first photo is of a hill where there is a gate at the bottom saying no right of way which was of no surprise. There is a public footpath nearby and a bridle way but I still found the signage confusing, especially as there was another sign saying all vehicles exit with a direction arrow which didn't follow either the path or bridle way. The second is of a building in a field which appears to serve no purpose whatsoever. It used to be derelict but was repeaired a good few years ago and yet i have no idea what it is there for. Never been used as far as I can tell. 

There were plenty of mushrooms and fungi about and I got a photo of some of the larger specimens. The final photo is of the view from the top of Devil's Hill which doesn't look terribly steep in the picture but it is and requires brakes on at all times. I like the photo though.

Once we'd had lunch we took a quick walk round the goat farm circle and then set to cleaning the motorhome. However, i had to abandon it to go down on the road bike to Verwood to jet wash Joy's garden path which Alison said was slippery and a potential hazard to her mum. The jet wash hasn't been used for more than 5 years and was missing an attachment but I found one at home and took it down with me. Success! The jet wash was soon in full flow and it speedily cleared the slabs of moss and algae which were causing it to be slippery.

Back home I got the tea done whilst Maria did her dance lesson via Zoom, the best part of 3 hours and working very well. Isn't it amzing what you can with the internet! There are so many upsides to it, we sometimes lose sight of them when faced with the darker side e.g. trolls.

The allotment beckons tomorrow.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...