Sunday, October 11, 2020

Tired grandparent!

 

 

The girls were awake early after their sleepover which encouraged to get out not long after breakfast to enjoy the morning sunshine. Maisy and I had already popped out for our walk and come across the two roe deer pictured above. They were just down the road in the field next to the Methodist Church and, although alert, decided not to flee as we stopped and I took the photo.

Amelia, Evie and I got the two litter pickers, two rucksacks and Maisy ready for our little expedition where they collected litter along the roadside as we made our way to the woods where we then collected wood for lighting the wood burner next time the girls stay over. The girls were brilliant in looking out for each other and staying safe as we walked along the road and Amelia was able to walk Maisy most of the way.

The rest of the morning was full of play before our other guests arrived for Sunday lunch and then it was time for Maria to go to Studio One for her Jazz exam practice which is just one of 5 sessions she is doing each week, including drama on a Monday.

I managed a slow and tiring 5km run in the afternoon. I didn't enjoy it particularly which I think reflected the fact I made myself do it having felt pretty shattered after clearing the kitchen and keeping things ticking along with the girls.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...