Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday walk and bike ride




Friday was busy and I got a number of things ticked off my to do list or at least started on them, one of which was painting the front the front room. I'd done the ceiling and coving previously and have now done most of the walls, there's just one remaining to complete along with the edging to the coving, skirting board and dado (?) rail. It's a green paint that Alison chose, Galway I believe it is called. 

There was time to go for a run too and this time I put the announcement feature on the app so I knew how long I was taking for each half mile, as I was hoping to get 5km done in 9 min miles or better. To my surprise I got the whole run done in good time, averaging 8 minutes and 12 seconds per mile which was way ahead of what I'd expected and the quickest I've been for a long time. I was entirely on the road for the run but even so, very pleased.

Alison and I noticed the field of horses as we were walking Maisy this morning. They were so still they looked as if they'd placed there by a child playing with models at home. Good to see them socially distancing too.

I then got out on the bike and rode just under 11 miles round Edmondsham, Wimborne St Giles and Knowlton Church. The photo of the ruins of the church look quite evocative beneath the autumn skies. Little bit chilly but lovely to see the hedgerows full of berries and plenty of starlings starting to flock together for the colder months.

 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...