Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Kingston Lacy



The first task this morning was to crack on with the gloss work in the front room and between us, Alison and I got finished pretty speedily and to go effect. The room looks very nice, clean and relaxing with the green walls contrasting with the crisp white of the woodwork. The smell of the gloss was very strong but we'd already booked a visit to Kingston Lacy to take us out of the house and were there by 11. It's another aspect of the pandemic which it is easy to overlook, to normalise, but having to prebook, pop a mask on and to keep to the left on pathways and so on, it really is quite extraordinary. It is necessary though and, sadly, likely to remain in place for months to come, if not even more strictly.

Once we'd had a walk round the estate we had a sit down to enjoy a small picnic whilst enjoying the trees which shelter the sheep and cattle in the wide fields which surround the house and formal gardens.

It was time for a bike ride today and I got the mountain bike out for a 10 mile jaunt which took me around Woodlands its surrounds whilst listening to Stuart Maconie who was narrating his audiobook, 'The Nanny State Made Me', a polemic which resonates with my experiences and views to a huge extent. He expresses so much of how I feel with a clarity and passion which I feel envious of.

Maria's off to dance shortly, 2 3/4 hours so I'll be making tea and walking Maisy soon. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...