Wednesday, October 14, 2020

20000 steps

I'm tired again after what seems a long day starting with a rushed school run due to Maria taking her time getting ready. I'd already taken Maisy out and when I got back I got goiung with the cooking using pulses soaked overnight, chickpeas and kidney beans, which gave us two tubs of hummus and two of chilli.

Having got those done, I ran down to Verwood and back so I could get Joy's lawns mown, front and back, as well as make a start on forking the lawns to allow the air to get in and to improve drainage. I did the run there as a HIIT run, running at speed with slower recovery periods in between. The run back was just a gentle jog across Crane Valley golf course.

After some lunch Alison and I were both out in the garden, in my case aerating the back lawn and trimming the hedges. I had to stop to do the school run and so left a  little bit early to allow time for another short walk round Cranborne during which I listened to the audiobook about Vladimir Putin and his early career in Dresden with the KGB.

Still time for another dog walk and home learning before looking at information about autumn sowing of braod beans, something I'll be doing at the allotment shortly, and autumn sown onion and leek seeds which will need to be sown at home and kept ready to plant out in the spring.

It's been nice finding time each day for Duolingo still and I'm making some progress with Spanis, although I am leaving the Gaelic for now - too hard in terms of the difference with English. It is serving just to make the Spanish and French too confusing.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...