Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Furzey Gardens Oct (in the rain)

 




 

We had a wet weather trip to Furzey Gardens this morning having done the Covid enforced pre-booking and found our date of choice coincided with the arrival of Storm Barbara. However, the morning brightened up as the day went on and it seemed the autumnal weather suited the colours and textures of the gardens which looked superb as the leaves turn.

Listening to the rain hitting the leaves was incredibly evocative, reminding me of the days when I was so much younger and had to shelter from the rain watching and listening to the deluge. I grabbed a few minutes staring into the pond full of weed and lillies and fallen leaves, circles of droplets spreading out as the full drops fell.

We managed to find a little shelter so we could enjoy our small picnic and plentiful coffee but the rain had almost stopped by that stage and Alison picked up a few plants for our borders and one of the small logs I'd scraped to form a rustic pot a few months back.

My afternoon run was truncated as the pain in my foot grew after a mile and I turned for home. I think it will mean sticking with the cycling for a while, as well as walking.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...