Friday, October 23, 2020

Riding and walking





Thursday is our day to have Amelia and we went for a walk with Maisy with Amelia taking charge of the lead for the duration. We ended up at the park before I had to collect the children from school. Having parked up I went for a walk around Cranborne listening to the audiobook about Putin which is very detailed but informative. There is no way I can follow the convoluted trails of money laundering and fake businesses fronting slush funds for the KGB but there is no doubt the chaos of post-Soviet society allowed a number of individuals to enrich themselves massively, retaining their position as the elite, or moving into the new elite.

Once home I got on the mountain bike and rode up Devil's Hill which is topped with small gravel lakes like the one in the photo. The area is popular with bike riders who ride noisily over the site on Sunday mornings on occasion, and with clay pigeon shooters.

This morning I walked up there as part of my 5.6 mile hike to Three Cross and back across Crane Valley Golf Course which is where I saw the lovely toadstool. I listened to Desert Island Discs, In Our Time and Shagged, Married, Annoyed on the walk before returning home and getting the road bike out for a quick trip to the supermarket. 

That will do for exercise today. Time to check the jobs that need doing round the place.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...