Thursday, October 15, 2020

Library


The skies over Cranborne were a real mixture of blue skies and drifting clouds, as seen in the photo taken on the path to Pentridge. I had a walk whilst waiting for Maria to finish school and listened to 'In Our Time' which was fascinating as always, this week focusing on the life of Alan Turing.

I'd been for a short bike ride this morning, just 5 miles in total, cycling down to Verwood library and back, having joined for the first time in years. This was inspred by listening to Stuart Maconie in his book 'The Welfare State Made Me' which was so flusome in its praise of libraries. It reminded me of this valuable resource and so I took myself down and picked out four books to tuck into over the next few weeks.

Alison has been making lots of cakes ahead of Maria's various parties which start tomorrow with friends over from school, followed by dance friends, classmates and family in three separate parties on Saturday. This means we avoid breaking the guidance on social distancing which remains relatively relaxed for us in comparison to other areas of the country.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...