Friday, June 05, 2020

Allotment update

After a mornng of school which saw both the children continue to focus on their work to good effect; they are enjoying writing their detective stories; we took a drive to the allotment where I planted more seeds including peas, beetroot, leaf beet and parsnips.

We'd had a little rain the previous day but you wouldn't know really, it had barely penetrated the surface and so there were a few trips back and forth to the water pump to water the emerging plants. Alison planted a few plants from home too, transferring a courgette plant to the water tank we'd taken down previously and putting in some borage and forget me nots in the plot.

There were a number of wire cloches near the compost bin which I have placed over the shooting plants and the hope is they offer a little protection to the delicate shoots which seem to be the main target for the rabbits.

I took the MTB for a ride to Edmondsham and listened to Hilary Mantel's story whilst pedalling which is a great way to listen. It was a 7 mile trip so I did a 2.4 mile run later in the day too without running in to a low hanging branch this time.

Alison and I are loving Normal People which we had both read previously.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...