Sunday, June 07, 2020

Weekend




It's been a lovely weekend despite the strong wind on Saturday which made things feel a lot cooler than they have for several weeks. I spent the morning in the kitchen, where it was warm, and got some bread done in the bread maker and also made a loaf by hand. Nice that everyone enjoyed the hand made one more than the other. The naan bread I did all got eaten too as we had a tasty curry and lentil dahl for lunch.

The afternoon gave me the chance to go for a run and I managed to get to 7 miles, a long run for me these days, and one I throroughly enjoyed, litening to The Mirror and the Light and then musicfor the 67 minutes it took.

Plenty of time out walking with the dog too which means I have been averaging something over 20000 steps a day this month. Feeling good for it.

I took the bike to Farnham this morning, a ride of just under 22 miles by the time I got home for Sunday dinner. A beautiful morning and one with little wind. This time I was listening to Jessie Ware's podcast on cooking with guests Joe Wicks and Florence Pugh, followed by some more of Cromwell tackling the Pilgrimage of Grace. Fascinating to bring all of this together with the History of England podcast, Shardlake books and my knowldege of the history of the time. I feel I am getting to understand something of the times and realise how much more there is to know about everything! I wish I had the time!!!

In the meantime, I am trying to broaden my knowledge reading poetry every day from the BBC collection 'Poetry Please' and completing a duolingo lesson Spanish, French and Gaelic each day, as well as reading.

After a super pie for dinner which Alison made, I took the children to the woods where they had a lovely game with their dolls.

It has felt like an old fashioned Sunday, something of a recurring theme in the last months with lockdown.

School tomorrow and a visit to Sandra a possibility.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...